Kamis, 16 September 2010

Memento Mori

remember your mortality


last Sunday (12/09/2010) i was drove home from my granny house, it was 7 or 7.30, when i found that delirious place: ABraCaDabra distro! it's located across Ikan Bakar Cianjur that near with Gelora Pncasila building (i dunno exactly what's the street's name, though i have been passed it for 21 years old when i went to granny's house!)

it's just a brand new distro, and i just wanna see what they sell
i found they sell miraculous (skully) things, with delightful price! very cheap! i love it!

enough.

I love skully things, and though i don't find the reason why i love them, much! - till i write this line- skully things are always cool and good.
my spiritual highest mentor, Mr. H. wouldn't like it, cause he has been said that those lovely skully stuffs are comfort home for evil spirit... (they said it a la Radical Christian Movement: kuasa kegelapan, roh-roh di udara, si ular tua berjanggut) oh my... so biblical

but in monday, one of those religious fellow, Mr. N, whose stand in the right hand of Mr. H. once again speak about those skully stuff. he said: there are no uncool evil things! all that evilish must be cool, so can tempeted youth (christian youth) to have communion on it. yeah, it makes senses, Mr. N. but i don't think those cool things are comfort house for DEMON! hello!!!
but from hat little conversation, i found that i must found a reason, a very good reason except cool, why i love skully goods.
the purpose of this writing is to found that good reason... let's see...

first i will list my skully goods:

1. my first skully stuff is a cuff that ornamented by a rose-biting skull, i buy it in christmas 2006 at Update men's butique, as a christmas present for myself, i still remember, that's the first and the last time, Charismatic Catholic Union of Surabaya held controversial Charismatic mass in Pakuwon Trade Center
i serve that mass as a choir with 'little dancing' and yes! i wear that cuff! my memorial lovely cuff!

2. my second, third, fourth, and fifth skully stuffs are shirts and shirts! i have salmon colored and dark purpled colored collared t-shirt with cool skull print in the chest, also i have light purple skull shirt with many little skull aranged randomly over it, the last skull shirt i have is the black one that i buy in my trip to Bali with my friends, with caption: Team Hell, and red skull on it... (the last maybe is the most evilish ahahaha)

3. my sixth, seventh, ninth, and tenth are the things i buy in ABraCaDabra a blinking skull ring, made very deatil, and will match with my Blinking Playboy pendant. a rubber pirate skull pendant. a skull with crown ornament rubber pendant, and a green keychain with cute skull-print on it. SO COOL!

hey! i can remember those things! even when i buy them, and also the price!(ask me the price in private message, lolz) the first result i can take is memory
skull is the protector of your brain, a very vital organ, to remember, to collcet memory. skulls are about memory!

now i get the roots for second reason. Skulls are about memory, it's also symbol of death, yes, death, but for christian, like me, death desn't means the end of all, it means (in my faith) reunion with Chris, back to his heart, the heaven. we know that death is a gain (while the live is christ)
in death, i'm reborn!

Memento Mori
remember your mortality, is have a likeness with my favorite phrase, i know from Ms. L: Vita Brevis - Live is short.
we know that live is short, maybe all of our life, is just like a wink of Gods eyes. so short, time flies. Skull will remember me, us, about the day of our death.
we don't want horryfying death,sure. and i don't want death, before the world know me.
i know a good poem, about remember our mortality:

Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur,
Mors venit velociter quae neminem veretur,
Omnia mors perimit et nulli miseretur.
Ad mortem festinamus peccare desistamus.

Ni conversus fueris et sicut puer factus
Et vitam mutaveris in meliores actus,
Intrare non poteris regnum Dei beatus.
Ad mortem festinamus peccare desistamus.

translate:

Life is short, and shortly it will end;
Death comes quickly and respects no one,
Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one.
To death we are hastening, let us refrain from sinning.

If you do not turn back and become like a child,
And change your life for the better,
You will not be able to enter, blessed, the Kingdom of God.
To death we are hastening, let us refrain from sinning.

Skulls speak to me, to us, remember our mortality, remember the day of our death, remember all the great things we never do, or not done yet, remember how many smiles we can make in other people's face, before God's call us.
Skulls will teach us, how to be wise, to expoler our little time, before the Death comes.
what do you want the world to remember you when you death?
remember your death in the time of glory, for you have no reason for vanity, for you are mortal, for God, whose determine your life and your death are bigger and much Glorious than you. your Glory are just His Gift.
(I don't think i will write this wise.. err wise! -the third reason- when i start to wrote this Blog, a few minutes ago)

Skulls.
I want fame, i want people admire me, and my time is not that much, i never know when will Christ came to me to call me home. i must wise, using my time, rfuse the lazyness, and do my best. when i saw the cross i remember about my salvation, Jesus come. when i saw the skulli i remember my death, and from now, i will remember Jesus Christ also: the day He comes to me, bring me to His glory.

i have a reason now, for my affection to those skulls:
THE MEMORY OF OUR DEATH WILL MAKE US WISE

Who will say that Skull is home sweet home for satan now, Mr. H?

4 komentar:

  1. hmm.. i dont wanna say that Skull is home for satan.. but i just wanna say that Skull can be a sweet home for Satan.. because Satan can use symbols like Skull to show something bad.. however i respect your choice for liking Skull stuffs..

    BalasHapus
  2. i will make you like it too.. but be wise, girl, remember your death will make you wiser

    BalasHapus
  3. i like this word : In death , i'm reborn

    BalasHapus
  4. how do you make it works for me too??
    hmm..im gonna be wiser as good as i can..
    u're right..the death will make us wiser ;)

    BalasHapus